Apprentice diesel mechanic
We are looking for an apprentice diesel mechanic with a little experience of diesel engines understanding of engine tinkering is a plus.
The work takes place both in the workshop and on location.
Our customers are independent inland shipping entrepreneurs and shipping companies consisting of dry cargo, towing/pushing, tank, and passenger ships that mostly operate on all European rivers.
We are specialized in various engines (Caterpillar, Cummins, Deutz). In addition, international service is provided to various renowned brands.
- In your initial period you will be trained internally by one of our experienced service engineers.
- You will overhaul, maintain and repair ships and you will work on board of ships on location or in our workshop.
- When you have extensive knowledge and experience you will occasionally work abroad.
- A completed technical post-secondary vocalional eductiom in the direction of the Diesel engines technique or comparable;
- Some experience in the diesel engines;
- Mechanical skills and some understanding of diesel engines is a plus;
- Good and independent working, you are creative and flexible and have a customer-oriented attitude;
- Working on location and occasionally abroad is not an objection for you.
- No 8 to 5 mentality
- You like to roll up your sleeves.
Terms of employment
- Excellent primary and secondary conditions;
- Personal career guidance;
- Pleasant working atmosphere within a healthy organization;
- Possibility to follow training and/or courses.
Please respond by e-mail to Marco.Meijer@Markerink.nl